The Society of Will Writers is excited to announce the launch of the 2023 SWW Conference, set to take place once more at the Hilton East Midlands Airport on the 9th and 10th of October.
Last year was the SWW’s biggest and best conference to date, and this 26th running of our flagship event will have to go some ways to top it. To do that, we’re bringing together some of the brightest minds the profession has to offer, including some new faces. This year’s theme centres around more modern ways of working and ensuring best practices with talks and workshops from high-quality, relevant industry speakers, each chosen to enhance your knowledge for the good of your clients. This really is an event not to be missed!
This year’s speaker line-up includes:
- Anthony Belcher, SWW Director
- Anthony will give delegates the annual SWW conference update, including membership, training, and bigger-picture plans for the year ahead.
- Matthew Hill, CEO Legal Services Board
- Matthew will be returning to the conference to give delegates an update on the LSB’s projects as well as information on the wider legal sector.
- Nick Ash TEP FSWW, Will & Probate Services
- Nick will be giving a talk on governance and compliance, including some SWW PSB proposals to help will writers ensure they’re delivering for the good of their clients and avoiding complaints.
- Neil Denny, Partner Chattertons
- Neil is an expert in family law and is passionate about good client outcomes. Moving up to Day 1 from last year, his talk this year titled ‘How much?!’ will centre around pricing and helping delegates understand the importance of charging appropriately.
- Antony Brinkman FSWW PSB Chairman, The Will Writing Partnership
- Antony will return to give delegates a roundup of the SWW PSB functions and plans for the year ahead.
- Mark Abrol, Mark Terrar and Emma-Louise Green, Meridian Private Client LLP
- This talk will be based on real-world examples from Meridian’s practice covering how to minimise the risks of contentious probate by looking at the drafting mistakes which often lead there.
- Chiwi Lee and Cindy Wong, Precepts Group EPPL Asia
- Chiwi and Cindy will be joining us all the way from Singapore to deliver a workshop on succession planning for the Asian client and British ex-pats.
- Simon Dyer, Managing Director Plutus Crypto Consulting Ltd
- Simon will be running a workshop to get delegates thinking about how to deal with clients who have crypto-assets, something becoming all the more popular in today’s society.
- Mike Roberts, Managing Director Making Digital Real
- Mike is no stranger to working with the SWW and will be joining us at the conference for the first time to host a marketing workshop designed to teach delegates the secrets of going digital.
In addition to the talks and workshops, this year’s event will feature for the first time ever a session for delegates to get to know the SWW Regional Chairs, who are amongst the most dedicated and supportive members of the SWW. This space on the agenda is a prime opportunity to come and find out all about what the regional groups have to offer, get to know who else is in your region and how your chair can help support you.
To further enhance the conference offering, we’re also opening the SWW Networking Hub, a dedicated space to help delegates forge new business connections and relationships. A huge part of the conference is the networking opportunities, and we’re a big believer in collaboration and being supportive of one another, although appreciate for some it can be a little hard to know where to start. The Networking Hub will be a supportive space, designed to help make introductions to key people, fellow will writers and estate planners, as well as key industry personnel and connections well-worth having.
As ever we’ll also be bringing with us a host of exhibitors all eager to help support and enhance your business and client offering and we are of course once again hosting a private delegate dinner on the Monday night, with entertainment, music, and celebrations. For many the networking opportunities extend well into the evening, but for most it serves as a great opportunity to wind down and have some fun with your fellow will writers, sponsors, and industry figures.
With an absolutely jam-packed agenda, at just £260 for a ticket for both days, the conference is excellent value and should not be missed. Accommodation is available to book through us at preferential rates with single and dual occupancy options available, so book early to avoid disappointment!
For full details, including detailed agenda, booking form, terms and conditions and sponsor information and news, please see our dedicated conference page by clicking here.
We look forward to seeing you at the Hilton in October!