Whether you’re an existing member or looking to get started with a career in estate planning, it should be no big secret that membership to The Society of Will Writers brings with it access to a huge range of benefits. Whether that’s displaying the Society’s logo, receiving technical advice, or accessing partner referral schemes and products to name a few, members certainly get a lot in return for their patronage.
Even though we spent most of 2020 facing various restrictions due to COVID-19 (and 2021 already much the same), the Society still expanded its range of membership benefits to assist with both continuity of business and adherence to membership requirements. So, in case you’re not entirely sure what’s available, let’s take a quick look.
These benefits primarily support you and your business by encouraging your personal development through training and guidance. This ensures your clients receive correct and up-to-date advice, documentation and services. You also get the professional backing and voice that comes with membership to the UK’s leading body for Will Writers and Estate Planners.
- Use of the SWW logos on your literature, website, social media, etc.
- Unlimited technical advice from our dedicated advisers
- Discounted courses with The College of Will Writing
- Fully supported drafting and CRM software, Sure Will Writer – Professional Will Suite
- Document storage with The National Will Archive
- 20 active regional groups
- Fully customisable listing on the ‘Find a member’ section of our website
- Business and marketing advice, template documents and literature
There are of course many more, and you can read all about SWW benefits by clicking here.
These are the companies that the Society has chosen very carefully to provide you, your business, and your clients, with a range of products and services. Some of these companies offer referral schemes which pay you commissions on work and purchases from clients, whilst others are more for providing you with products to enhance and modernise your own business development and operations.
- SWW Trust Corporation – professional probate, attorneyship and legal drafting services
- Marsh Commercial – bespoke insurance policies exclusive to SWW members
- Skipton Building Society – personalised financial and planning advice
- Co-op Funeralcare – pre-paid funeral plans from the UK’s largest funeral director
- Certainty the National Will Register – register the location of your client’s Wills
- FRAMA RMail – email encryption and electronic signatures for your documents
- Direct Pay – take card payments easily with minimal transaction fees
- Safe4 Digital Inheritance Vault – secure digital storage for your client’s docs and details
- Astrid – GDPR for small businesses
- TSF Mental Capacity Assessors
- Charities Aid Foundation
You can read more about these companies and what they offer on our dedicated partners page.
Whilst this is by no means the complete list of membership benefits, it will give you an idea of some of the things which are available and what other members of the Society make the most use of. We’re always looking to offer more, from both head office and through our partners and no doubt by the end of 2021, these lists will be even longer.
Which membership benefit do you find the most useful? Let us know in the comments below! Otherwise, if you’d like to discuss any of the benefits of membership, please get in touch with us directly.